On Saturday, TheFlow revealed that he’ll be releasing his FW 3.65-3.68 hack, which he developed through an entry point Freakler found, on the 1st of July (2018)! Without a doubt, we need VitaShell to work on FW 3.68 devices so of course, VitaShell got updated.
What is VitaShell?
VitaShell is an all-in-one file manager for hacked PSVita and PSTV consoles developed by TheFlow. This homebrew has been around since the Rejuvinate days (FW 3.5x) and it’s evolved quite a lot since then.
These features include:
- An FTP Server to copy files over to your device
- Ability to use your PSVita as a mass storage device (i.e a pendrive) so that you can easily and quickly copy files from your PC over USB
- Theme support so that you don’t get bored of the default look
- A text editor, picture viewer and QR code reader
- Many other features like the ability to copy files between partitions, open various types of archives and refresh LiveArea
What got updated/added in VitaShell 1.92?
VitaShell 1.92 and 1.91, which was released a few hours before, bring along:
- Support for FW 3.68 – This is very important as this FW will be hacked in 13 days’ time! – 1.91
- The ability to create new blank files. This feature is useful if you need to create a *.txt file or some other configuration file. – 1.91
- You can now go back to the base directory (/) if you press the L trigger when opening VitaShell BUT this isn’t working on v1.92 for me! -1.91
- You can now mount gamesd (presumably this refers to the device in your game cart slot) to ux0: – This addition probably has something to do with SD2Vita support on FW 3.67/8. – 1.92
- A bug that caused VitaShell to run out of memory has been fixed. – 1.92
If you encounter any issues, report them to TheFlow on the GitHub link below.
VitaShell 1.92 GitHub page (manual download link + changelog): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/latest
TheFlow’s donation link (it’s in the README itself. Yes, the email has the word Cinderella in it but TheFlow has confirmed that it’s legitimate ): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/blob/master/readme.md
TheFlow’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/theflow0