The developer joel16 has released a new update of ElevenMPV in version 1.20. ElevenMPV is a homebrew music player for Playstation VITA that aims to support many different audio formats compared to the official PS VITA musical application.
Currently supported formats: (samples with 16-bit signature)
- WAV (A-law and u-law, Microsoft ADPCM, IMA ADPCM)
- Browse ux0: / to play the audio formats mentioned above.
- Pause / Play audio.
- Shuffle / Repeat audio.
- Next / previous track in the current working directory.
- View ID3v1 and ID3v2 metadata for MP3 files.
- Basic tactile support.
In the file manager:
- Enter key (cross / circle): insert folder / play supported audio file.
- Cancel button (cross / circle): go to the main folder.
- DPAD up / down: move files.
- DPAD left / right: up / down in the list.
In the audio player: (Note: you can use the touch controls here or the following buttons below)
- Enter key (cross / circle): Play / Pause.
- Cancel button (cross / circle): return to the file manager.
- L trigger: previous audio file in the current directory.
- R trigger: next audio file in the current directory.
- Triangle: mix audio files into the current directory.
- Square: repeat audio files in the current directory.
- Start: disables the display and continues playing the audio in the background.
- Save the last visited folder correctly.
- Minor audiolib cleaning (unused functions, parameters, etc.)
- Added settings menu (press SELECT to open) which can activate metadata for certain file types and sorting options.
- Settings to enable metadata reading for FLAC / MP3 / OPUS (sometimes the loading of cover images may take some time – which is why this feature was introduced).
- Sort alphabetically in ascending / descending order and by smaller / larger file size.
- Show the Back button at the top left to indicate that the user is not in the main path.
- Now use libvorbis with SceIo API to decode OGG instead of stb_vorbis.
- Displays tag data for OGG, OPUS and FLAC if found. (Title, artist, album, year, genre)
- Show the parent folder in the non-root directory (easier for browsing).
- Fixed issue with file name not displayed for MP3 without ID3 tag.
- Get the name of the module for IT, MOD, S3M and XM files.
- Add OPUS support.
- Displays the cover image for FLAC if found. (may be slow to load if it is a large image file)
- Added basic touch support in the audio player.
- Press start to turn off the display and keep the music in the background. (Thanks to theFlow for the power lock code).
- If an audio file has stopped playing, the next file in the folder will be played (if it exists).
- Search has not yet been implemented.
- Some folders do not show anything and the app appears to be locked. Press start to exit and reopen the app.