Following the App.pkg Database Mod, PS4 4.55 Update Blocker HEN and recent PS4HEN VTX release, PlayStation 4 developer @CelesteBlue made available via Twitter PS4 PKG2USB to dump and run Fake PKGs on USB with both 4.05 / 4.55 Payloads by SiSTRo.
Available on the latest release page are a ps4-pkg2usb.cfg configuration file, ps4-pkg2usb_405.bin and ps4-pkg2usb_455.bin payloads.
Before getting overly excited, this is some PKG2USB Feedback by Stooged for those considering giving it a try.
Here’s a brief usage guide from e✘treme-Modding.de, to quote roughly translated:
Today we present you PKG2USB, a Payload (based on Vortex’s Dumper) to dump and run Fake PKGs on USB.
1) works only with fpkg
2) game/app must be before installed as usally on internal
3) copy ps4-pkg2usb.cfg to usb root
4) edit config title_id with game/app title_id
5) always use the same usb port when you installed game
6) to reinstall game to internal hdd, remove and reinstall as usal
tip: if you still have the pkg and you want to avoid wasting time waiting for the file to be copied from the payload on the usb HDD, copy the pkg to X:\PS4\CUSAxxxxx\app.pkg
Download: ps4-pkg2usb_v1.0.7z (7.4 KB)
Coded by SiSTRo – Credits to XVortex & Anonymous
Thanks for the payload, have tested it on 4.05 and it works perfect. Keep in mind that the app.pkg must be on internal hdd, so it’s similar to my Database Mod but with this payload you don’t have to edit the app.db anymore. Great work !
And from the README.md, to quote: PS4 PKG2USB – Dump and run Fake PKGs on USB – 4.05/4.55 Payload by SiSTRo
This is a PS4 payload (based on Vortex’s dumper) to dump and run fake PKGs on USB.
- USB drive must be formatted to exFAT
- works only with fpkg (not official pkg)
- game/app have to be before installed as usually on internal storage
- copy ps4-pkg2usb.cfg to usb root
- edit config title_id with game/app title_id
- always use the same USB port that when you installed game
- to reinstall game to internal hdd, remove and reinstall as usual
Tip: If you still have the pkg and you want to avoid wasting time waiting for the file to be copied from the payload on the USB HDD, copy the pkg to X:\PS4\CUSAxxxxx\app.pkg
External USB drive storage for 4.05 and 4.55 PS4 homebrews and games is now a thing ! exFAT drive is way easiest to manage, no encryption, so maybe faster than native USB, and works also on 4.05 !!! Credits go to SiSTRO and xvortex and anonymous. (not me)
I recall that I didn’t do anything in this project except releasing it. I host source code so people will improve it.
Cheers to everyone who shared the news tips in the ongoing PS4 4.55 Holy Grail (PS4HEN) discussion thread earlier on!
Hiện tại máy game PS Vita 1000 và 2000 đã hack / bẻ khóa được…
Công bố từ tận năm 2005 với tư cách là game độc quyền dành cho…