The developer averne has released a new homebrew for Nintendo Switch called Fizeu with the new version 1.4.0 which adds support for firmware 10.x.Fizeau allows you to change the brightness of the screen (like reading mode on smartphones), the color or create a color level on your Nintendo Switch.
- Create a layer of which color you can adjust.
- Preset values for color temperature (f.lux / redshift-like).
- Control the brightness of the screen.
- Save sunrise / sunset times and screen brightness and automatically apply settings.
How to use it
Temperature / color:
- Use the temperature slider to select the desired shade.
- Color can be ignored using RGBA sliders.
- The “Alpha” value controls the opacity of the layer.
- Due to the way Fizeau works, unfortunately it is not possible to directly change the color of the screen. Instead, create a transparent layer and apply color to it. However, this can result in an overall increase in brightness, particularly visible with dark colors.
- In addition, the layer is not visible in the screenshots / recordings.
- Use the brightness slider to set the desired screen brightness.
- This is not redundant with the integrated setting, since the value will be set at dusk.
Sunrise / sunset:
- When set, Fizeau will start at “twilight” time and turn off at “dawn” time.
- You can ignore it using the checkbox. Fizeau will therefore remain in the specified state.
- The settings are saved on /switch/Fizeau/config.ini, which you can also edit.
- To reduce the sysmodule’s memory usage, the settings are not read continuously. Instead, they are applied when the application starts.
- Therefore, you will have to restart the client after a reboot to restart Fizeau.
- Download the latest version , unzip it to the root of your SD card and restart.
- Only the latest version of Atmosphère CFW is supported .