The cuevavirus developer of Team CBPS has released a new 1.4.0 plugin update that solves the puzzle (a bounty organized by Rinnegatamante) of the native resolution on PSVITA TV called Sharpscale. Sharpscale offers the following two features:
- 720p: Generates the size of the native 960 × 544 framebuffer with black borders
- 1080i: scale the framebuffer to 1920 × 1088 and cut the bottom 8 lines
- Full scaling is therefore possible up to 1440p and 4k.
This is the only method for capturing native resolution video with precise colors at 60 fps. A hardware acquisition kit for Vita was previously available from Japan for $ 450 USD, but due to changes in Japanese laws, this is no longer available. The resizing test program shows 1 pixel wide horizontal and vertical lines alternating between white and black. If you observe patterns, scaling was performed incorrectly, as in all output modes without this plugin.
- For installation, Autoplugin 2 is sufficient or manually as explained below:
- Download the file at the end of the article and insert it in the ur0: tai folder
- Add the following string in ur0’s config.txt file: tai as in the example below
ur0: tai / sharpscale.skprx
- Allows HD framebuffer formats on Vita
- Added HD resolution to trial scaling
- crash fixed in config app
- Bilinear filter returns to the system default whenever resizing is not applied
- Added an option to enable large framebuffer formats when the application uses large framebuffers
Video output size comparison: