- This is a Vita port of the Xash3D-FWGS engine, which is a FOSS recreation of the GoldSrc engine on which games like Half-Life and Counter-Strike run.
- hardware-accelerated rendering at native resolution via vitaGL;
- multiplayer, both over LAN and online (untested);
- mod support via integrated launcher;
- touch controls (very basic);
- runs most versions of HL, including Steam, WON and Uplink.
If you have a previous release of vitaXash3D installed with the full version of Half-Life, download the new data.zip and extract it to ux0:/ again, replacing everything.
If you have a previous release installed with Uplink, you’ll have to delete the xash3d folder and reinstall from scratch.
- Install the VPK.
- If you have a full version of Half-Life installed, copy the valve directory from it to ux0:/data/xash3d on your Vita.
If you don’t have a copy of Half-Life, download this archive containing the Half-Life Uplink demo and extract it to ux0:/.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/. Replace everything if prompted.
data.zip from the current release comes with game libraries for the following mods/games:
- Half-Life (and HL: Uplink)
- Blue Shift
- Opposing Force
- Counter-Strike (client only)