The JDK developer has released a new update of JKSV with the new build 05202020. Born as a small project / port to test some things and become familiar with libnx, it is now the multipurpose tool / homebrew able to perform several quite useful functions such as:
- Dump and restore save data.
- Includes the ability to dump and restore to / from any location on SD by pressing less and using Advanced Mode.
- The dump system saves the data
- Pressing all four shoulder buttons simultaneously will re-scan and include system saves not previously listed.
- Dumping of this data is allowed.
- Open and explore your storage partitions via the Extras menu
- BIS archiving opens in a basic file browser. The partition list is on the left. Your SD is on the right.
- Only SD copying and file properties work on BIS partitions. Writing and deleting are disabled for now.
- NAND dump
- Ability to remove firmware updates downloaded from NAND.
- Closing processes by ID . Allow to download normally unopened system archives.
- Install by system save ID . Normally used when the terminated process makes JKSV unable to repeat the title scan without the Switch freezing.
- Mounting and opening RomFS of the process takes over the homebrew menu (if started as NRO)
- Hold R while opening a game or applet with Atmosphere to load the homebrew menu. Open JKSV and press less and select Mount RomFS process . The app’s roms should appear in the browser along with your SD on the right.
- The waiting time for confirmation is reduced. Options are added to disable it completely depending on what you want.
- Minus and ZR are exchanged for Options and Extras in the user selection screen
- The exploration of the Roma of the title acquired from the homebrew menu is again in the extra menu.
- Saving data can be canceled from your system in the title selection screen as in the switch settings menu. Hold down A to confirm.
- You can use a custom path for JKSV by creating a file named
jksv_dir.txtin the switch folder and typing the path you want to use. This must end with a / . For example,
sdmc:/switch/.JKSV/JKSV will use a folder in the switch folder hidden by hbmenu.
Dump Allcan now be closed early by holding down B until the end of the current file.
- The user selection screen has been changed to show only the maximum number of users instead of the maximum 32 of the title selection.
- Some strings can be translated with en-US.txt in JKSV roms. Naming this file
trans.txtand placing it in the JKSV working directory will cause JKSV to load it instead of the default American text by itself. This is still not 100% complete. Wait if you are interested in making a translation to be included in JKSV in the future.
- Various new options.
- The touch controls have been removed. Sorry.
Still pre-release, because I haven’t gotten to the point of wanting to clean things up. Report problems if you find any.