Nintendo has released a new firmware update for Nintendo Switch this morning with version 10.0.0. It is now possible to transfer software data between the system memory and the SD card (and vice versa). Plus, you can remap the buttons on your Switch controllers. There is also a new bookmark feature that has been added to “News”, a new section added to “User Settings” and six new Animal Crossing: New Horizons icons.
Last but not least, we have some general system stability improvements to improve the experience. The following are the notes on the patch:
Ver. 10.0.0 (released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This function allows you to add your favorite news to your favorites.
- You can bookmark a maximum of 300 news items.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmark articles.
- News that is no longer available cannot be viewed, even if it has been bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data and DLC from system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings> Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite console.
- This function is not available for other controllers.
- Up to five favorite custom configurations for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller can be saved on each system. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Playback Activity Settings.
- The options for “Show playback activity on:” and “Delete playback activity” have been moved from the Friends settings to the new playback activity settings.
Added new selections to the user profile icon range.
- Choose from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to improve the user experience.
For users with atmosphere it is recommended not to update pending further information from the developers of the scene.