The developer TheFloW, the most active of the PSVITA scene, has released IN POCHE ORE a new update of Vitashell that reaches version 2.0. The number one tool for those who own a PSVITA / PSTV with HENkaku Ensō, VitaShell is a complete similar file manager to multiMAN on PS3 and allows you to install Vpk, open archives, has the ability to mount the sd2vita and psvsd adapter as a USB device and access the PSVITA internal memory via USB or FTP. The new update added compatibility with firmware 3.72
How to use a USB flash drive as a memory card on a PSTV
- Format the USB flash drive as exFAT or FAT32.
- Start VitaShell and press / in the ‘home’ section.
- Select ‘Mount uma0:’ and connect the USB flash drive. Now you can copy your files to / from your USB stick.
- Once ‘uma0:’ is listed under the partitions, press / again and choose ‘Mount ux0 USB:’. This will copy important applications like VitaShell, molecularShell, and other files.
- The USB flash drive now acts as a memory card.
- To synchronize all applications on your USB flash drive, press / and select ‘Update LiveArea’. This does not update PSP games.
- If you want to restore the patch, press / select ‘umount ux0 USB:’.
- I remind you that this patch is only temporary and it is necessary to repeat the procedure every time you start the PS TV.
You can customize these files:
|colors.txt||All colors are adjustable|
|battery.png||Battery board icon|
|battery_bar_charge.png||battery charging bar|
|battery_bar_green.png||Green battery bar|
|battery_bar_red.png||Red battery bar|
|bg_audioplayer.png||Background for audio player|
|bg_browser.png||Background for the file browser|
|bg_hexeditor.png||Background for hex editor|
|bg_photoviewer.png||Background for photo viewer|
|bg_texteditor.png||Background for text editor|
|context.png||Image of the context menu (can be any size Tip: it will be perfect if you add an alpha channel to your image)|
|context_more.png||Context menu plus image (can be any size Tip: it will be perfect if you add an alpha channel to your image)|
|cover.png||Default album cover|
|dialog.png||Image of the dialog menu (can be any size.) This image file will be stretched by VitaShell to fit the dialog box Tip: do not use the motifs, as they do not look good with incorrect proportions)|
|the background image||Background|
Theme setting: VitaShell will load the theme set in ‘ux0: VitaShell / theme / theme.txt’ (THEME_NAME = “YOUR_THEME_NAME”)
General information: it is not necessary to have all these files in the custom theme, if one of them is missing, the default image file will be loaded.
Dialog and context image: if these files are not available, the colors DIALOG_BG_COLOR and CONTEXT_MENU_COLOR will be used from “colors.txt” .
The standard VitaShell theme is provided in “VitaShellCustomization.rar” available in the “release” section .
Insert your language file in “ux0: VitaShell / language /x.txt” , where the file must be encoded in UTF-8 and “x” is one of the languages listed below:
VitaShell automatically loads the language that corresponds to the current language of the system. For example, if your system language is French, it will be loaded from “ux0: VitaShell / language / french.txt”.
The English file is provided in “VitaShellCustomization.rar” available in the “release” section . Also, language files are available in the ‘ l10n ‘ folder
- Added 3.72 firmware support
- Added 3.71 firmware support
- Improved “Update Live Area”. Thanks to TheRadziu.
- Added support for symbolic links that allows you to set and show recent bookmarks and files. Thanks to abertschi.
- Added some shortcuts: left + : show bookmarks, left + /: show recent files, left + O: QR scanner.
- Fixed error in the ad hoc dialog box where X is always the send button.
- Added the ability to skip pages in the file browser and SFO viewer using L / R triggers
(QR download was temporarily removed and will be re-implemented later).
- Added the ability to move files between partitions by copying and removing.
- Fixed bug where the option to disable the warning message was not saved.
- USB changes canceled because people have reported a problem with installing vpk with it.
- Added option to disable warning messages during vpks installation.
- Correct error in USB connection, where your Memory Card could be corrupted.
- Fixed line breaks in SFO files and long names.
udcd_uvc.skprxCompatibility corrected thanks to xerpi.
Use our guide to install the VPK file
For other PSVITA guides you can visit our dedicated ” PSVITA Guide “