To great surprise the developer TheFlow returned and released the new hack to the delight of PSVITA 3.71 owners. Once again, PSVITA security had another blow to the fourth public jailbreak.
Tip: For those with less than 3.71 firmware I do not recommend updating, but using the latest available hacks. I also recommend waiting for an automatic procedure that will be released in the next few hours
h-encore² , where h stands for hacker and homebrew, is the fourth public jailbreak for PS Vita ™ that supports the new 3.65-3.71 firmware. It allows you to make changes to the kernel and user, change the clock speed, install plugins, run homebrews and more.
- The device must be on firmware 3.65-3.71. If you have a lower firmware, please decide carefully which firmware you want to update, then look for a reliable guide on / r / vitahacks .
- If your device is an OLED model, a memory card is required for installation. A memory card is not required on Slim / PS TV models, as they already provide an internal memory. Make sure you have at least
270 MBfree space.
- The device must be connected to any PSN account (it is not necessary to activate it). Otherwise, you must restore the default settings to log in.
- Download h-encore² and extract it to your computer.
- Download and install qcma , psvimgtools and pkg2zip (check the release section for binary files).
If you don’t know where to put the psvimgtools and pkg2zip binaries, enter them in the folder
- Download the Bitter smile’s vulnerable DRM-free demo (yes, this is the user’s entry point).
- Extract the demo using this command in terminal / cmd:
pkg2zip -x PATH_OF_PKG
This will generate the files on
- Copy the contents of the output
h-encore-2/app/ux0_temp_game_PCSG90096_app_PCSG90096(so that the files
VITA_PATH.TXTare in the same folder).
- Copy the license file to the
h-encore-2/license/ux0_temp_game_PCSG90096_license_app_PCSG90096and rename the newly pasted file
6488b73b912a753a492e2714e9b38bc7.rif. Be careful with the file extension, it shouldn’t be
.rif.bin. Once again, this file should be in the same folder as
- Start qcma and in the qcma settings set the option
Use this version for updatesto
FW 0.00 (Always up-to-date)to falsify the control of the system software.
- Launch Content Manager on PS Vita and connect it to your computer, where you will need to select
PC -> PS Vita Systemand then select
Applications. If an error message relating to the system software is displayed, simply restart the device to solve it (if not, activate the airplane mode and restart the device). If the problem persists, alternatively set DNS up
184.108.40.206to block updates. This should create a folder
PS Vita/APP/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxon your computer (see qcma settings where this folder is located), where the folder
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrepresents the AID (16-character account ID) that you need to enter here . If the AID is valid, it will generate a key that you can now use to encrypt the demo.
- Change directory to the folder
h-encore-2in terminal / cmd and use the key to encrypt all the folders using (make sure you don’t confuse the key with the AID, the key is 64 characters long!):
psvimg-create -n app -K YOUR_KEY app PCSG90096/app psvimg-create -n appmeta -K YOUR_KEY appmeta PCSG90096/appmeta psvimg-create -n license -K YOUR_KEY license PCSG90096/license psvimg-create -n savedata -K YOUR_KEY savedata PCSG90096/savedata
h-encore-2/PCSG90096should therefore contain
sce_sysand all 4 folders from above, and within these folders you should find the files called
X.psvmd, where it
Xhas the same name as the folder. Back up this folder, because if everything was done correctly, you don’t need to repeat all the steps to install it on another device with the same PSN account.
- Copy the folder
PS Vita/APP/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/PCSG90096and then select
Refresh databasein qcma.
- The h-encore² comic strip with an approximate size
243 MBshould now appear in Content Manager and is what you need to finally transfer to PS Vita. If the size doesn’t match or you get the error
C2-12858-4, it’s because you didn’t do it correctly! Please read the instructions more carefully. If you get the error
You can only copy applications that your account is the owner of, it’s because you used an AID other than your account, go back to step 8.
- Start h-encore² to take advantage of your device (if a trophy message appears, simply click Yes). The screen should first flash white, then purple and finally open a menu called the h-encore bootstrap menu where you can download VitaShell and install HENkaku . If the error is requested
Cannot start this application. C0-11136-2, it is because you did not perform step 6 correctly.
- To enjoy. Note that you need to restart the exploit every time you restart or shut down the device. Obviously if you put the device in standby mode, there is no need to restart.
- “When I launch h-encore² , it quickly flashes white and then stops abnormally .” – The success rate of the exploit is around 25%. You have to try it a few times. Note that cutting the bittersmile application seems to make the exploit less reliable.
- “I get an error C2-12828-1 when h-encore² starts ” – This sometimes (but very rarely) happens. Try the exploit again.
- “When I launch h-encore² , it launches the demo of the bitter smile instead.” – The saved data is damaged or not installed correctly, follow the installation guide above to reinstall them.
- “I installed an incorrect plug- in and starting h-encore² doesn’t work anymore, what should I do?” – You can reset taiHEN config.txt or skip loading plugins by holding the L trigger while exiting the menu of bootstrap h-encore .
- “I don’t see all the folders in VitaShell.” – Launch the Settings app and select
HENkaku Settings, then select
Enable unsafe homebrews. This will guarantee you full authorization in VitaShell.
- “I can’t find the HENkaku settings.” – Start the exploit and restore taiHEN config.txt and reinstall HENkaku.
enso / permanent hack
- “Can I install enso on 3.67-3.71?” – Not on this firmware, but you can downgrade to firmware 3.65 using modoru and then install enso.
- “Can I install enso on 3.65?” – Yes, you can use h-encore² to hack your device and then install permanent hacking using this .
- “Can I change the PSN account after installing h-encore² ?” – Yes, since the demo is DRM-free, it does not depend on your account.
- “Are there any risks in using h-encore² ?” – No, as it does not modify the operating system, but only inserts temporary patches into the system.
- “Can I install it without a USB connection?” – You can also connect your PS Vita to your computer using Wi-Fi (there is an option in Content Manager).
If you like my job and want to support future projects, you can make a donation: