The developer Eliboa has released a new tool to facilitate the backup of the Nand of the Nintendo Switch console in NxNandManager with version 2.0.1 compatible with firmware 8.1.0. NxNandManager is a command line utility (and GUI) for Windows 7 and 10, whose main purpose is to copy the contents of Nintendo Switch (complete NAND or specific partition) to / from a file or physical drive.
- Complete NAND backup and recovery (BOOT0, BOOT1, RAWNAND)
- Copy from / to specific partition (RAWNAND)
- Dump integrity verification (MD5)
- Enable / Disable automatic RCM (BOOT0)
All dumps performed with Hekate are supported by NxNandManager (and vice versa).
NxNM also supports subdivided dumps (such as the NAND dumps of the operating system SX (emu)).
The names of the divided files should be:
Set the first file divided as input
How to mount and open your Nintendo Switch NAND?
- Use memloader v3 to mount eMMC on your computer ( TegraRcmGUI provides an easy way to do this).
- Open NxNandManager (CLI: add topic – list to list all available physical drives, GUI: File> Open Drive).
- Select the mounted unit. Now you can perform backup / restore operations.
NxNandManager.exe [--list] [--info] [--enable_autoRCM] [--disable_autoRCM] -i inputFilename|\\.\PhysicalDriveX [-o outputFilename|\\.\PhysicalDriveX] [-part=nxPartitionName] [lFlags]
|-gui||Launch the graphical user interface (optional)||
|-Information||Displays detailed information on input (-i) and output (-o) flows||
|-list||List the compatible physical drives||
|-enable_autoRCM||Enable the auto-RCM for the BOOT0 partition indicated with -i param||
|-disable_autoRCM||Disable the auto-RCM for the BOOT0 partition indicated with -i param||
|-I||Path to insert the file or physical drive||
|-or||Path to output file or physical drive||
|-part =||Copy from / to a specific NAND partition (optional)||
|BYPASS_MD5SUM||Used to bypass all checks MD5
Dump / Restore is faster but less secure
|FORCE||The program will never ask for user confirmation|
Download the complete NAND on file
- From physical disk (first you need to mount NX eMMC with memloader (via TegraRcmGUI for ex):
.\NxNandManager.exe -i \\.\PhysicalDrive3 -o "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\rawnand.bin"
- From the existing dump file:
.\NxNandManager.exe -i "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\rawnand.bin" -o D:\rawnand2.bin
Dump specific file partitions
- Dump the SYSTEM partition from the physical drive:
.\NxNandManager.exe -i \\.\PhysicalDrive3 -o "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\SYSTEM.bin" -part=SYSTEM
- Extract the PRODINFOF partition from the existing dump file:
.\NxNandManager.exe -i "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\rawnand.bin" -o D:\PRODINFOF.bin -part=PRODINFOF
Restore NAND dump
- Restore the entire raw NAND memory on the physical drive:
.\NxNandManager.exe -i "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\rawnand.bin" -o \\.\PhysicalDrive3
- Restore raw NAND memory divided into physical drive:
.\NxNandManager.exe -i "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\full00.bin" -o \\.\PhysicalDrive3
- Restore specific partition on physical disk:
.\NxNandManager.exe -i "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\rawnand.bin" -o \\.\PhysicalDrive3 -part=PRODINFO
.\NxNandManager.exe -i "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\PRODINFO" -o \\.\PhysicalDrive3 -part=PRODINFO
Copy the partition from the file to the rawNand file
- Copy specific partition from the rawNand file:
.\NxNandManager.exe -i "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\rawnand.bin" -o "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\rawnand2.bin" -part=BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main
- Copy specific partition from partition file:
.\NxNandManager.exe -i "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main" -o "C:\Users\Public\NAND dump\rawnand2.bin" -part=BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main
- Added support for emuMMC (SD file). Restoration in a divided dump is not yet supported but it is possible to download / merge and decrypt emuMMC or install incognito on emuMMC (open the file “sdmmc: emuMMC SD00 eMMC 00” to open emuMMC)
- Fixed error during incognito installation on divided dump.
NxNandManager can now decode or encrypt the NAND file / drive (rawnand or encrypted partition file “PRODINFO”, “SAFE”, “SYSTEM”, etc.).
You must supply a keyset file containing biskeys.
-dargument to decrypt,
The keys can be supplied
-keysetby the argument to the keyset file name.
The program can analyze keyset files created with biskeydump or lockpick:
BIS Key 0 (crypt): <16-byte hex key> BIS Key 0 (tweak): <16-byte hex key> ...
bis_key_00 = <32-byte hex key> bis_key_01 = <32-byte hex key> ...
Decipher complete rawn:
NxNandManager.exe -i rawnand.bin -o rawnand.dec -d -keyset keys.dat
Decrypt the single-partition file:
NxNandManager.exe -i PRODINFO -o PRODINFO.dec -d -keyset keys.dat
Encrypt single-partition files:
NxNandManager.exe -i PRODINFO.dec -o PRODINFO.enc -e -keyset keys.dat
Decrypt and restore a single partition file on the physical drive
NxNandManager.exe -i PRODINFO.dec -o \\.\PhysicalDrive3 -part=PRODINFO -e -keyset keys.dat
Encrypt and restore complete rawnand
NxNandManager.exe -i rawnand.dec -o \\.\PhysicalDrive3 -e -keyset keys.dat
The GUI has been updated to support encryption operations.
The keys can be added via the “Configure keyset” item in the “Options” menu
An “incognito” option has been implemented. As the blawar unknown , it will delete all unique IDs and certificates of the console from CAL0. It may be useful since Atmosphere prevents writing to CAL0.
The program will need two keys to apply the unknown on encrypted files / drives
Using the CLI: to apply the unknown, use the
--incognitoargument (applies to
-ithe input type: RAWNAND or PRODINFO). For example :
NxNandManager.exe --incognito -i rawnand.bin -d -keyset keys.dat
GUI: use the appropriate item in the “Options” menu
- When keys are provided or if the content is already decrypted, the program can retrieve additional information (CLI :,
--infoGUI: File> Properties)
- ExFat firmware and driver version (based on .nca file names is SYSTEM, exactly like FVI , or by journal / play reports in SYSTEM)
- Serial number (from PRODINFO or journal in SYSTEM)
- Last start time (in the
SYSTEM/save/8000000000000060same way as FVI does)
- The bootloader version is now recovered from BOOT0
- The program prevents the system from entering sleep mode when copying is in progress.