The Xecuter Team has released a new version 2.0.0 of SX installer. This version will allow you to install XCI , add a control for the required firmware version and install Google Drive and Dropbox NSP. Furthermore, the installation program for the current 8.1.0 firmware has been stabilized and savegames can be decompressed directly during the installation. Last but not least, the firmware with the required files can be downgraded or updated directly . More details are available in the change log.
What it is and how it works
This complete app takes care of installations and much more! In fact, a manual is being prepared along with screenshots and detailed information on how best to use all the features we’ve included.
This manual will be available on our SX portal page when completed, in the meantime we have opened a special ” support forum ” for the app and we have decided to release it now, to have it in the hands of our faithful SX Users of the operating system in so you can immediately start enjoying the many features and features it has to offer.
Basically, in its core SX Installer is an advanced NSP installer, which simply allows you to list, display, in a single step, automatically install all your NSPs, along with game updates and DLC packages, and these can be searched and acquired from many locations, including: FTP, HTTP, NUT Server (separate app on PC), SD, USB HDD and NAND. SX Installer has the ability to directly launch XCI games and even launch your Classic Retro “game ROMs” for various emulators installed and, of course, your favorite homebrew apps. It even has an integrated file browser!
To start, unzip the downloaded sxinstaller.zip file and move all the contents to the root of your SD Card. The “sx.nro” file must be stored in / switch / sx /
Easily enable the “firmware installation” features
By default it is disabled, but here is how ‘advanced user’ can be enabled directly if desired:
- Launch the SX Installer v2.0.0 app
- Scroll down to “File Browser” in the left menu.
- Press A to enter.
- Press X to add the “NEW” position.
- Select HTTPS in Protocol (A, then hold down a few times, then again A)
- On the same screen under HOST enter ‘repo.xecuter.rocks’ (A, enter the text, OK)
- Finally press ‘X’ to SAVE your new position.
- Once saved, exit the SX Installer app.
- Restart the SX installation app
If you want to downgrade, scroll down to “file browser”, open the new position you added “repo.xecuter.rocks” and from there you can copy a previous installation firmware package to your sdcard or open it directly
- Ability to show titles in table view or icon cover view.
- Install NSP from FTP, HTTP, NUT, SD, USB HDD and NAND.
- Ignore firmware requirements during installation.
- Possibility to queue multiple titles installations.
- Ability to search for titles.
- Ability to list and delete tickets.
- Ability to export all the title keys installed on the system.
- Ability to overclock to install faster in some situations.
- User interface translation in 12 languages.
- Meta-data translation title in 12 languages.
- Download and view game graphics (Internet connection required).
- Ability to list, view and delete application records (allows you to imperceptibly uninstall a DLC or an update)
- Possibility to list the installed titles and start them (the launch is only 5.x and below)
- Ability to list XCI mounts and launch automatically (launch is 5.x and below)
- Ability to list and install new games available, with the ability to install all new games
- Possibility to automatically install the latest patch and all DLCs with a game.
- Ability to protect users from the accidental execution of unsigned code by damaging blocking the installation of all unsigned codes, unless explicitly enabled.
- Ability to list and install the latest updates available for your games, with the ability to install all updates
- Ability to list and install the latest DLCs available for your games, with the option to install all DLCs
- Ability to list all incomplete installations (such as when the SD card is corrupted or exchange SD cards without copying the data), with the option to reinstall them all.
- Possibility to list and start NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA, SMS, SG, SCD, GG and SG1000 RetroArch games.
- List and launch the Homebrew apps
- File browser that lets you browse file systems, delete files (SD only) and copy files (only SD writing is writable)
- Added XCI installation
- Added standard crypto installation on the fly
- Standard cryptographic conversion reduces the minimum firmware requirement
- Added socket.json to optimize socket settings
- Added system firmware version check before installation
- Adding the Google drive directory and file support
- Connecting the USB cable without SX Server does not lock up anymore SX Installer
- Added the ability to restore the minimum nag version in the application record.
- Fixed a memory crash.
- Added stability for firmware 8.1.0.
- Improved Korean translations.
- Added firmware installation.
- Dropbox support added. syntax url: dropbox: / token: here @ /
- Corrections of various errors ..
- Compression enabled on database files.
- Hosts added for custom host entries.
- Fixed the issue with the game launch.
- Improved stability.
- Added the ability to install the rescue game upon installation.
(unzip titleid.zip in the NSP to save games)
- Added the ability to install rescue games from zip files.
(the id of the title must be in brackets that is “doom fix [010018900DD00000] .zip)”
- Fixed error when installing certain titles via USB.
- General stability of the system
- Minor minor bug fixes
- Now compatible with v7.x firmware.
- faster single-threaded installation.
- added option for multi-threaded network installation to increase installation speed.
- Fixed memory problem with the tiny play display icon.
- correct slow startup time when retroarch has a large collection of thumbnails.
- more responsive user interface menus.
- added support for the new “SX Server” to easily install NSPs from a Windows PC on the network or via a direct USB connection.
- General user interface improvements.
- Added layout of game icons for large collections to reduce memory consumption.
- Added support for Retroarch ROM icons.
- Added support for SFTP and FTPS.
- Added “Homebrew Store” to download, install and update recommended SX homebrew applications, including the SX Installer itself.
- Ability to download updates and DLCs on NSPs from XCI titles.
- General user interface improvements.
- Added https support.
- Images are now downloaded faster, directly via https.
- “Preload image” more stable.
- Directories can be copied + pasted and then deleted in the file browser.
- Preset positions can now be deleted.
- Improved USB stability.
- Various user interface improvements.
- Improved language translations.
- The Nut network server requires the latest version.
- Added support for 7.0.