A great surprise the developer TheFloW has released the long awaited PSVITA tool called Modoru.modoru means “go back” in Japanese and is the first downgrader for PS Vita useful for users who have any firmware (from 3.70 down) or to install the permanent hack enso (you can also downgrade to a lower firmware depends on your console). I advise you to read the FAQ not all devices are compatible !!!! Always check the application FACTORY FIRMWARE (the limit of the console firmware to downgrade)
- Your device must already run HENkaku / h-encore on firmware 3.60-3.68 in order to use this software. Firmware 3.69 and 3.70 can use this software once a new hack has been released.
- Your device’s battery must be at least 50%.
- All plugins must be disabled, so it will not be possible to start the downgrade from SD2VITA and therefore, it is necessary to have an original Memory Card (or an internal memory).
- Download and install modoru.vpk using VitaShell .
- Obtain the
PSP2UPDAT.PUPdesired firmware file (make sure that this firmware is officially hackable) and place it on
ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP(do not install it
modoru.vpklater, otherwise the update file will be removed).
- Disable all your plugins. The simplest way is to rename
ur0:taiwith another name.
- Restart the device and restart HENkaku / h-encore .
- Launch the modoru application and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Enjoy the installation and welcome on your favorite firmware.
- Q: Where can I find and download the firmware?
A: Here is a nice collection of darthsternie: PS Vita Firmwares . Be sure to download the firmware from the section
Complete Official Firmwares
- Q: There are 3 different PUP files in the archive, which one do I need?
A: There are packages with (pre), (systemdata) and (full). You should choose the full one that is full.
- Q: Can I downgrade my 3.69 / 3.70 device using this tool?
A: Yes, but not yet. You will have to wait until the next exploit chain is released.
- Q: My factory firmware is over 3.65 and modoru does not allow me to downgrade to 3.60 / 3.65.
A: Unfortunately, there are some devices with factory firmware greater than 3.65. These can not be downgraded (yet). This means that no bootloader hack for you.
- Q: Can I downgrade my device to 3.60 / 3.65 and then install ensō?
A: Yes, this is the main objective of this tool.
- Q: Can I downgrade my testkit / devkit?
A: It has not been tested yet, but you can do it most likely. You should also be able to go lower than the 1,692 firmware, which is officially inhibited.
- Q : How far can I go downgrading?
A: You can go down to the factory firmware (this is highlighted in yellow in modoru ).
- Q: Can I use this tool to update or reinstall my firmware?
A: Yes, you can downgrade, upgrade, or reinstall any firmware using this tool.
- Q: Is there a possibility of brick?
A: Not likely, since this app uses the official update and only creates some harmless patches to bypass some checks.
If you like the work of the developer and you want to support future projects, you can make a donation: