Developer TheFlow announced an upcoming update for his popular ePSP CFW Adrenaline 6.61 on PS Vita. The tool, which can be run from a hacked Vita (running HENKaku on firmware 3.60), gives access to a lot of what you’d expect from a CFW on the PSP, and v3 promises exciting updates for an already pretty good piece of software.
The release is expected to come in the days to come, and in the meantime TheFlow has shared the changelog of the upcoming Adrenaline 6.61 v3.
Probably the most important feature will be sound support for PS1 titles, making these games fully compatible with Adrenaline 6.61. Lack of PS1 compatibility was the only reason some people have had to stay on older firmwares such as 3.18 where ePSP Custom Firmwares gave them full PS1 access.
In other words, this upcoming iteration of Adrenaline will confirm 3.60 is now the ultimate golden firmware for the PS Vita.
The changelog also confirms that USB access from the ePSP XMB will now work. Note that this is to access your ePSP’s drive from your computer, not usb mass storage support like what the same developer made available for the PSTV in Vitashell recently.
– Changelog v3 –
– Added ability to launch PS1 games from XMB and play them with full sound.
– Added ability to save and load states using the ‘States’ tab in the Adrenaline menu.
– Added possiblity to connect USB in XMB and added ‘Toggle USB’ option to recovery menu.
– Added ability to return to livearea by double tapping the PS button.
– Added Adrenaline startup image designed by Freakler.
– Added option to force high memory layout. For ‘The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion’ Demo.
– Added option to execute ‘BOOT.BIN’ in UMD/ISO. For ‘Saints Row: Undercover’ Demo.
– Added correct enter and cancel buttons assignment.
– Fixed volatile memory allocation bug that made ‘Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’,
‘Tony Hawk’s Project 8’ and maybe more games crashing.
– Fixed bug that was introduced in v2 which caused some games to crashed at PMF sequences.
– Fixed NoDrm engine bug where fan translated games couldn’t load PGD decrypted files.
– Fixed msfs directory filter bug that caused some games not to recognize savedatas.
– Fixed compatiblity of base games, any game should now be able to use Adrenaline to the fullest.
Stay tuned for the release!